How Does Gum Contouring Improves Your Smile?
The most essential elements that influence the overall appearance of a healthy smile are teeth and gums. But do you find that your gums rest too low or too high on your teeth? Then Gum Contouring surgery is the best option for you.
Gum Contouring /gum reshaping /tissue sculpting is a cosmetic dental technique. The process evens out an uneven gum line and you get a confident smile. A Dentist or a Periodontist carries out this method.
Causes of Uneven Gums
- When gums cover a huge area of your teeth, it makes your teeth appear small. A gummy smile does make you feel awkward. It can be the impact of genetics, certain health hazards, or consuming certain prescribed drugs.
- When gums rest too high, they make your teeth appear long. This is primarily the cause of gum recession. It may result in serious dental troubles like decay or tooth loss. Gum recession may also give a clue of periodontal disease.
Nowadays, dentists take help of lasers, scalpels, and radiosurgery for gum contouring surgery.
Generally, dentists take a pen and sketch an outline to mark the new gum line. So, you can totally see how much gum is needed to eliminate.
Your dentist may apply a local anesthetic to numb the area. Then he/she uses a soft tissue laser to move out the extra gum tissue.
Sometimes, the bone at the front of your tooth's root is also pulled out during gum contouring. This provides you the best long-term results.
If you have limited gums, your dentist adds gum tissue. The dentist grafts the gum tissue or utilizes sterile donor tissue. This helps the gum line to be designed into a more amazing shape.
What is the Recovery time like?
This in fact, depends on the type of tools used for the process. However, it takes 2-3 weeks for your gums to completely heal.
The Dentist’s Tips to Quicken the Recovery Process
If you see extreme swelling or bleeding, or face any problems after the surgery, then visit your dentist instantly.
Get the help you need!
Now, if you’re looking for a ‘Dentist near me’
- Take some rest and lower your activities.
- Don’t skip your doses prescribed by your dentist.
- Do not take aspirin.
- Consume soft foods for a few days post-surgery.
- Don’t eat spicy and hot foods and anything with seeds until your gums completely heal.
- Take your dentist's suggestions on when and how to brush your teeth during your healing phase.
- Use gentle, cleansing mouth-wash that cleans out most germs on contact without any burn of alcohol on sensitive gums.
in Cincinnati, OH, then surely call us at MK Dental Excellence. Your Dentist in Cincinnati, Dr. Manju R. Kejriwal performs the best Gum Contouring treatment and renders you the perfect smile that you desire.