How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost You?
Do you have a chipped or damaged tooth? Then, you can opt for Dental Crowns! A
Dental Crown is a tooth-shaped cap that your dentist installs over a tooth to cover your broken tooth. Crowns bring back the size, shape and strength of the chipped tooth and also uplift its appearance.
Now, before we dive into the cost segment, let’s find out the types of Crowns available.
Types of Crowns
What’s the Cost of Dental Crowns?
Commonly speaking, dental cap or crowns can range in cost from $500 to $1500, or more per crown. But the cost differs based on the material used and the preparation procedure.
- Crowns made of base-metal alloys (such as cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys)
- Stainless steel crowns
- Gold or platinum crowns
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (can be color-adjusted to your natural teeth)
- All resin crowns
- Zirconia crowns
- All ceramic crowns
- All porcelain crowns (best for those who have metal allergies)
However, in certain cases a core build-up is required to shield the integrity of the tooth before a crown is planted.
Certain times, dentists perform a gingivectomy or minor gum surgery. Here, a segment of the gums are cut away in the mouth to provide better aesthetics or prognosis of the tooth/teeth. In the worst case scenario, you may undergo a root canal, and the overall expense of the procedure could easily double.
The Cost depends on –
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns can range from $500-$1,500 or more per tooth.
- Metal crowns of gold alloy or of base metal alloys can cost you $600-$2,500 or more per tooth.
- And All-porcelain crowns can range from $800-$3,000 or more per tooth.
If you’re seeking a low cost solution, you could spend between $400-600 approximately for an indirect resin crown. Actually it is a restoration that is not created in an outside lab, but by your own dentist. Indirect resin crowns are normally a budget-friendly but low term solution. It is not meant to stay for long like your crowns.
Get the Help you need!
Now, if you’re in the search of ‘Dentist near me’ in Cincinnati, OH to get your Crowns, then surely call us
- If you have insurance or not
- what your insurance policy generally covers
- oral exams
- initial dental X-rays
- the dental remuneration charged by your trusted dentist
- how many extra proceedings you require to complete the treatment
at MK Dental Excellence - Dentist Cincinnati. Our Dentist in Cincinnati will surely provide you the best Porcelain Crowns. Visit us and we’re happy to help you!